Intermediate / Senior Engineer
We are looking for talented, results-driven Software Development Engineers to join the Siaras team at the forefront of creating the next major computing platform.
Siaras is comprised of a team of highly motivated engineers, dedicated to changing the way people access and manage infrastructure in the cloud. We are developing a set of interrelated technologies that offer compelling opportunities for new entrants and existing participants in the cloud services market, seeking to improve their underlying cloud economics, differentiate their offerings, and extend their geographic reach.
You should be somebody who enjoys solving problems and is customer-centric. You should be passionate not only about learning new technologies, but also about running systems and software in the real world. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility.
In the Siaras development team, you will be given the opportunity to design and implement solutions to challenging problems in a startup environment under a management team with a proven track history of success.
Be very hands-on; work as part of the engineering team on day-to-day development activities, implementation. The ideal candidate for this position is a software engineer excited by the possibilities of cloud scale software, with a passion for networking and high availability.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience developing large scale software systems
- Proficiency developing in dynamic object oriented programming languages. We use Python, but that is not a strict requirement.
- Experience in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design
- Hands on experience working in a Linux environment
Proven experience in developing large scale applications using:
- Cloud Technologies (AWS, OpenStack)
- Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet)
- In-depth knowledge of networking technology