cloudScape is the core technology developed by Siaras. cloudScape is a full cloud stack, built on OpenStack that integrates multiple diverse private and public clouds. Siaras and its partners offer managed cloud services that address hybrid and multi-cloud use cases for their enterprise customers. Enterprises can select cloudScape managed “under clouds" or onboard their own private clouds to create a unique managed cloud scape of multiple clouds. Siaras and its partners can further extend the managed offering by integrating inter-cloud network assets to complete the multi-cloud offering to include compute, storage, networking, and inter-cloud networking.
With cloudScape enterprises can manage their evolving cloud requirements through a single cloud interface. cloudScape is not a management platform, but rather a cloud that consists of other interconnected clouds. In solving the multi-cloud problem as a single cloud, cloudScape ensures investments in applications and services are protected even as cloud strategies shift.
Because cloudScape is based on OpenStack it is compatible with the evolving OpenStack ecosystem. cloudScape is designed to bridge the OpenStack world with the hybrid world of todays diverse clouds. As features and services evolve with OpenStack so do they in the cloudScape multi-cloud environment. Imagine an application catalog that can deploy applications within multiple heterogenous clouds and include inter-cloud networking. Or a Mesos/Kubernetes cluster that bursts into multiple interconnected clusters with guaranteed bandwidth and latency.
cloudScape can integrate with diverse wide area networks, including on-ramps to public clouds such as Direct Connect and Express Route. Working with our partners enterprises can interconnect Virtual Private Clouds (VPC) with dedicated private line services - as if the VPCs were datacenters connected by a Datacenter Interconnect (DCI). These virtual DCI connections follow the same on-demand properties as any cloud resource. The application dictates the requirements of the network, including where, what, and when they are needed.
- Tenant level inter-cloud networking integrates private line services with public cloud services (e.g. Direct Connect, Express Route, etc.)
- Uniform monitoring over deployed resources
- Single Sign On with identity management
- Uniform policy management across all constituent “under clouds” (e.g. quotas, governance, security, control)
- Compatibility with OpenStack ecosystems
- Operated as a managed service by Siaras and its partners
- Delivered as a single cloud that manages multiple heterogeneous clouds
- Accessed as a standard OpenStack cloud, with GUI, CLI, RESTful API’s, and Heat Scripting
- Core OpenStack services on each ”under cloud” include: Compute, Storage, Networking (including VPNaaS, FWaaS, and LBaaS), and inter-cloud WAN.